Heavy Breathing and Other Intriguing Sounds

The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again. 
-Erma Bombeck

Heavy breathing is exactly what you hear when I run.  When I first got started, it was so bad, I had to crank up my ipod to avoid the sound of my own breathing.  I can still zone out to some tunes with the best of them.  Since every runner is always looking for something new to add to the playlist, I thought I'd share some of my running mantras.  If you didn't already think I was a big nerd, you will for sure now.  The common theme here is songs that make me smile and put an extra spring in my step:

Livin' La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin...  Because you know how I feel about runners...  Yes, we are all Loca! 
Take it Off - Ke$ha
Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne...  This one is just the right beat to get me pumped up for a run
Night Drive - All American Rejects
Baby Got Back - Sir Mixalot...  Any song that celebrates women's bodies just the way they are deserves some praise.
Hey Ya - OutKast
Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5...  Mostly because I love Maroon 5.  Also because now that I've seen Adam Levine play his guitar on The Voice, hearing his voice makes me happy.  Yes, happy is the word I'm looking for.
Only the Good Die Young - Billy Joel
The Fox - Nickel Creek...  You can't help but run like a fox on a chilly night when you hear this one.
Hey Soul Sister - Train
Don't Stop Believing - Journey...  For a little inspiration
Hot and Cold - Katy Perry

Get your run on this weekend!  Happy Friday!

ps - share your playlist with me.  I am always looking for good songs to jam to!

2 comments:

Johi said...

Adam Lavgine is adorable. Cute cute cute

Tortoise said...

Also a very cool guy... I love when you discover an amazing musician also has a personality!

Post a Comment

I love comments! The easiest way to comment is to choose the Name/URL option and just type in your name.